Wednesday, July 1, 2009

People Photography

I shoot a lot of food photography, and I really like it, but I have to admit that variety is truly the spice of life. If all I show as food, photography wouldn’t be as much fun as it is. I also like to photograph people. Shooting for colleges is fun because you get to go to new places and interact with the future of America. Here are some images that I like, that I’ve done for a college not that long ago.

What’s fun for me about this type of photography is that it’s very different than what I usually do. With food photography, I usually “create” the photo and in school photography, I need to “find” the photo. Usually, there’s an idea that I’m assigned to illustrate or a department that I’m attempting to represent, but besides being pointed in a direction, there’s a lot of freedom in what ends up in front of my camera. I think what makes me good / different, is that I tent to find and enhance, rather than just capture. I'm used to abusing the "truth in advertising" rule... :+)
















3 comments:

  1. In the last picture at first glance the girl in the yellow shirt looks like she has an awkward leg, but its actually the other girls leg.

    Great posing tips by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 2nd photo where the girl in front is a blur and the focus is on the two sitting on the floor laughing. Enjoyable people photo review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People don't realize how much work is involved in shots like these. Great job on all. That last photo with the game - beautiful composition there. To me that angle on that artwork or banner in the background adds a great dimension to the photo. Sort of counters the perceived angle of the lineup of the 4 people.

    ReplyDelete