Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pizza Photography

Shooting pizzas again. Sorry, but I''ve had a lot on my plate lately :+) and haven't been able to post as many things as I would have liked to. Here are three examples of outlined pizza photography. I'm pretty happy with the results. I've refined my technique a little this time around. I try to improve things a little on every shoot. (a lot, if I can) I've added a couple more mirrors, probably totaling 8 or 9. To create as much depth as possible, it's important not to "over-fill" and to let the darks go dark, but not too dark.... It's an accuired taste and technique. What I'm getting at is... you can light too much and it''s the darks that make the difference. Light, dark, light, dark... all the time scrapping the light as I go. That's how I light the crust. The backgournd should give you some clues about how this is lit.

Most of you guys have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, do you? Claudia does.... :+)






6 comments:

  1. I "think" I know what you're talking about... but you're making things look way too good. What about posting some recipes..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I photograph my home-made pizzas all the time.

    Are these photos inside or outside? Natural light or strobes?

    Could you take a picture of the setup? That would help me to visualize it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know what you are talking about and I am hoping to be able to use the technique soon! :) We are going to reshoot our whole grilling line which includes a pizza pan. I would love to see your pizzas in the actual ad or packaging. They look great! :) Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my pizza like my creative directors, moody and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it would be nice if you add another backgrounds. because they look like they are in the air. Floating pizzas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was originally developed for UNIX, so it's an open source program with a Mac. It has customizable brushes and patterns that https://www.samplesite.com/pixelmate-review/

    ReplyDelete