Tuesday, August 11, 2009

HDR Food Photography


Today's shot

I'm back from vacation, and I had a great time while I was gone. I traveled about 2000 miles on my motorcycle. Check out my FaceBook page if you want to see my vacation shots... :+) I did Skyline Drive and all of the Blue Ridge Parkway, top to bottom.

Since I've been back, I've been playing with HDR photography, with both people and food shots. It's pretty interesting and I still have a bunch to learn. I have a couple of test people shoots lined up on Thursday and Friday, So I'll have a bunch of images to show you guys. Just for fun, I shot a food photo yesterday (just playing around) and I converted one of today's today's food photography shots into HDR. I really like this technique and think it has a lot of potential with illustrative type of projects.


Yesterday's test shot

You really have a wide range of "change" you can make to your food photography. It will take me quite some time before I master this, if ever.

You like this stuff?

5 comments:

  1. I've seen HDR photography before but have never thought of applying it to food, those pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I need to get out more. I am just learning about HDR photography... Michael these are beautiful! Something new to try! How many exposures do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi michael,ive done some experiments with the HDR thing. its easier wth plug-in filters and layering techniques. are you going for a dave hill or jill greenberg effect? cos thyere the masters in this type of photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty, but it doesn't make me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good because I like getting different art and that's perfect, I'd like to get the ability to make or taking photographs like those.

    ReplyDelete