Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Soup Photography



Yes, I'm a little strange... But it's the little things in life that make you happy...

I've photographed soup should many times before, and to tell you the truth, it's not all that tough. You just want to light from behind and try not to add too much fill light. Watch the glare and use an overhead box for downward fill. No big deal... btw - there were no models in the final shot.

The tough part about this shot was the lighting I had to do for the damn pot! I thought about trying to take a picture of the lighting setup, but I didn't have a wide enough lens for my Nikon...

I used six sheets of 4x8' foamcore around the set. The entire set area was aroung 18' x 18'. It was huge! Chrome is a tough thing to shoot and it's something that is very subjective. Luckily for me, this was a brushed chrome, or the retouchers would of made more on this project than I did... So that's food photography for you... Take care until later!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful highlights on the pot. I do a lot of industrial hardware. Luckily most that I do is for catalogs, so while I need the right lighting to show dimension, I don't need to be as worried as much about fines aesthetics.

    Where did you ever find that big oversize burner? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete