Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Food photography lighting setup

I'm testing out uploading posts from my iPhone, so I can upload stuff from vacation.

Here are three samples of lighting setups from my last pizza shoot. This might give you some clues as to how it was done.

It looks like the photos show up smaller then normal, maybe I can change that in the future...

As far as the pizza photography lighting goes... You can see that it's much more complicated than most people think. I've made a small breakthrough with this last shoot. With my food photography lighting, I flagged off the main light from the pizza so I could see what the mirrors were doing. I've often thought about this but never took the time to do it. On this shoot, I did it and I really like the results. With all the lights on, it's hard to see what each mirror is doing, but when the subject off from the main light, and the light still sees the mirrors, I can see much better, what the mirrors are actually doing. I was very happy with the results of this shoot.

Now that I have the iphone capable of uploading images (remotely), I'll probably make a lot more posts. (hopefully ;+)








-- Post From My iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Clicking the image will give the bigger size. Lots of hardware there ;-) But pizza is indeed a hard thing to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is... I've come up with a style for shooting pizza that I really like. It's taken a while to perfect it, but I think I'm finally satisfied. (kiss of death :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such idiots.learn how to use the ambient light first

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymus: ambient light is perfect, but Not always best choice. Sometimes hard to control, if set is complicated..

    ReplyDelete