Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fiddle Photography

I'm in a little jam for time tonight, but I wanted to take a minute and show you what I've been shooting today. This is a sample of the kinda stuff I was shooting, musical instruments. Sure, not the most glamorous of projects, but still beats working for a living... :+)

This is the kind of shoot where you learn about lighting. You're not free to do anything you want, lighting wise, but it's challenging and kind of fun, if you look at it that way. To tell you the truth though, I really don't like catalog photography or product very much, which is what this is... I sort of find that amusing about myself... Food photography and product photography are very similar, but I love one and less-than-like the other.

I'm working on another article. (really early stages) This one is about using depth-of-field in portraiture. I've been shooting a lot of environmental portraits lately, and I've come to a few conclusions that I wanted to share with you.

5 comments: