Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm working on a new web page...



Big & Simple...

When you're a self-employed professional photographer, you end up wearing many hats. Today's hat is marketing manager / web designer. Part of building a business is marketing and thankfully, it's part of my job that I enjoy. As a matter of fact, there aren't too many parts of the job that I don't enjoy...

So here I am re-designing my web page. I like the current design, except for the fact that the images are a little too small. The current trend is toward larger images, I'm assuming because of the greater impact they have and also based on the fact that most viewers have greater band-width then they had just a few years ago.

I'm jumping on the band wagon and since I do my own web design, I'm in the process of making it happen. I don't have a shoot today so today I'm web designing. If you care to see the work in progress, you can see it at: http://www.foodportfolio.com

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Michael, I agree that the bigger images is much better. I have an even greater appreciation of your food work now that the details show even more. Love your stuff.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I like a white background better with your work. Yes the black may seem more stylish, but because you have all those beautiful little highlights, the white works better especially when playing up the "freshness" factor.

    Either way, you're still my hero ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do accept as true with all of the concepts you have presented in your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please extend them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post. best of the web directory

    ReplyDelete